Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

First Week of Classes - Finished!

It's been one week since registration ended and classes officially began (on Labor Day; no rest for students!), and it's been a great week. I am realizing that I have quite a bit in my schedule, from classes every day and an on-campus job (I think I'll really enjoy the work, as it's a web assistant job that relates to the webmaster projects I've already done) to regular homework and major end-of-semester papers, but it should work out. I'm taking dance, music, environmental studies, and physics classes, and I'm enjoying all of them so far. Next week will be the week when everything truly kicks in, since people were still organizing the past several days, and I'll have to formulate my study habits and practice times around my classes and work. 

As for the professors and other students, I've gotten to know significantly more people than when I last posted after move-in day, and they're all interesting to talk to. I quite like my teachers so far, and I love talking to my fellow classmates. My college is a bit of a quirky one, and it certainly has its drawbacks, but I feel like it's a good environment for me to be in right now, and I'm looking forward to the semester (as well as the three and a half years after that). Very happy right now with the opportunities available!

I'll post some photographs of the campus soon, since I took a few hundred wandering around one morning. There are some lovely nooks and crannies and buildings, and when the weather's nice (or even when it's raining, as it was today) the college is gorgeous.

Golden Eagle

7 comments:

JeffO said...

So glad to hear it went well--that first week or two can be a head-spinning whirlwind. At my daughter's college, during a welcome session to the freshman class, they talked about how important the first 6 weeks were for establishing habits, getting off to a good start, etc.--sounds like you're well on your way! Enjoy yourself!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you are adjusting to college life. It is a major change in one's life.

Pat Hatt said...

Awesome the first week went great. I so hated physics haha

Paul Tobin said...

Sounds like you've hit the ground running. I think myself that, as far a being a student, the more you put in the more you get out. I know that's how it worked for me.
The subjects you are reading sound like an interesting spread.

Jack said...

So glad it has been going well so far!

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Hope all well with you. I see like me you haven't posted in a while. I hope all is well. Happy 2016 Madeleine

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats!! Pleased for you.
What art you gonna do withe rest
of your lifetime finite, bro??
I'll tella youse wot I'm gonna do:
● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
Cya soon...